Discover your potential with us!
Looking to take your career to the next level? Join Malta’s leading quad-play provider and be a part of our GO Stars team! Get a glimpse of what life at GO is all about! See the amazing benefits and learn more about GO’s One Team, here: www.go.com.mt/careers-india/
As one of the largest employers on this beautiful European island, we offer exciting remote opportunities to work in a dynamic and innovative industry. We’re the top provider of mobile, fixed line, internet, and TV services, with almost half of the local market share. Plus, with a minimal time difference with India, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
We have basically moved all the text regarding GO in the beginning of the job description.
The role calls for a person who is passionate about software testing. It entails the planning, design, development, maintenance and execution of software testing plans for a wide range of in-house developed and outsourced applications. The role requires someone who is self-motivated, creative and proactive, able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and diverse technologies. The individual will work closely with product owners, business analysts, software architects, software developers, project managers and other stakeholders throughout the software development lifecycle, planning tests, preparing and maintaining test data, automating tests, executing test iterations, tracking and reporting results, as well as troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have strong software development skills and a thorough understanding of software development lifecycle processes as well as quality assurance processes and methodologies.
Ideal Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the software development field as a software developer or tester, ideally with practice in the latter capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent background gathered from work experience.
- Good programming skills in Java 8 (or later) and supporting frameworks such as Spring Boot and Spring Cloud Config.
- Working knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL.
- Experience working in different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and UNIX.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, executing and maintaining test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to support various development methodologies.
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle as well as test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Integration, Stress, Smoke) and when to apply them.
- Knowledge of the different types of testing, including security, performance and usability testing.
- Hands on knowledge of automated testing products and APIs, such as JUnit, Cucumber, Rest Assured, Awaitility, Selenium, Testim, SoapUI and Postman.
- Experience using applications and tools supporting source control and continuous integration, such as Git, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube and Nexus.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- High level of self-motivation, self-organization, orientation to detail, and ability to prioritize a large number of tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of testing objectives and provide realistic testing cycle estimates.
- Learn and keep abreast with the evolving functionality of systems to be tested so as to be in the best position to design corresponding test plans.
- Design, develop, execute and maintain test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to address business and technical use cases whilst meeting established quality gates and release requirements.
- Suitably select, create and maintain test data required for testing.
- Diagnose test failures identified, pin point source of problem (be it a defect of the application being tested, a configuration or environment issue, a problem with the test script, an issue with test data quality or some other matter), log such failures and track them from discovery through to resolution.
- Record and document results and compare them to expected outcomes.
- Ensure that test cases and test automation scripts used for regression testing of designated applications are kept continuously up to date based on application changes or defects discovered.
- Maintain and report upon suitable software testing KPIs.
- Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards and any other standards set by the company.
- Partner with development team to stay informed of new technologies being introduced and to ensure that system components are designed for testability.
- Work closely with QA and development teams to help select test tools, design test infrastructure, implement automation and facilitate the software build/release process.
- Keep oneself up-to-date on automated testing technology, popular testing tools and the relevant technical and business domains.
- Support the Software Delivery, QA and Test Automation team as required in meeting set objectives and strive for continuous improvement in all areas of activity.
Get a glimpse of what life at GO is all about! See the amazing benefits, GO’s Purpose, Culture & Values and learn more about GO’s One Team, here: www.go.com.mt/careers-india/